Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The one where I am still waiting on my shipment of antiques from Texas


ok, so my shipment from texas (I know, I'm sick of talking about it) was supposed to be here last Thursday (the 6th). The last time I spoke to Roll'en Hills (truckers) they were loading up, that was on the 3rd. So I sent out mailers letting everyone know. After that I could not get an answer or email response, and then.... 2 of the numbers I had for them were disconnected and the other rang forever. I did not freak out, I just got a little concerned.


So I emailed the Fayette county sheriff. He hung out with us a few times in Texas, and I figured he could help. He did! He found me some more numbers, and made a couple anonymous calls to the company to see what was going on. This a.m. I got an email and several phone calls telling me they are on the way. I forgot to ask if my stuff was actually on the truck this time, but I have faith. They say Friday is likely, I'll believe it when I see it. Only 5 weeks late, it's like Christmas coming early!