Thursday, May 29, 2008

The one with two pics of my home

I've been working on my house lately, in case Country Home or Cottage Living or another mag finds out about my shop and wants to photograph my house as well. It's 675 square feet, and used to be the processing center of the old chicken ranch I live on. I'm a renter, and although I have a few basic needs that are not met here, I am happy, and so are my two cats. Lot's of room to roam.Above is a vintage hutch I took the doors off of for display space. Below I keep kitchen appliances. These are some of my favorite things, the pencil drawing on top is my mother in '43. Isn't she cute?
This is an antique pie safe I thought I would keep in my bedroom for display, but it's not working for me. It'll be in the shop soon. I think I will put screening in the openings.This amazing (or, it was and will be again) Pennsylvania chest has been sitting in my living room for a month now. It is early 1800's with original paint. Some numbskull decided he wanted to access it from the front so he CUT the panel willy nilly and put hinges on. The hinges are very old so this was done ages ago. Normally I love when people modify things to suit their purposes but come on, do you SEE the wonderful paint you are cutting into? My wood master will make it beautiful again. If it was not cut this could sell for $3500-$4000.00. I still love it, it will be in the shop soon for much less so you can enjoy it in your home.


This is my newest re-do, or re-new of a great vintage frame. The shape is excellent, the cushions are comfy, the fabric is a knit-backed herringbone hemp (very classy). You can't find this at Pottery Barn, and it will last long past anything you did buy there.

No comments: