Saturday, December 09, 2006

The one where I tell you how much I need you to buy stuff to keep saffron and genevieve in business and another secret

I had to write today to dispell any notion that this store is supported by some rich husband or family money. I don't come from money, and although my boyfriend, my family and friends, and the great gals who help me out here at the shop are wonderfully supportive in many ways, Saffron and Genevieve is all me. With the help of my great mentor Jim McGovern at the CCSBDC, I put a plan together to go into heavy debt (thanks to SCCCU) to make my dream come true. I LOVE working for myself, although I am not a very demanding boss and probably should be. I love hunting for great things to put in the shop. I love seeing customers come in and "get" what I do and appreciate it. I love designing and having my clients tell me how happy their rooms make them and their families.

I will let you in on a little secret. I will often find a fabulous unusual wonderfully different thing, and instead of marking it at a fair price, I will price it ridiculously cheap. The person who discovers it is SO thrilled, and I know that it was meant for them. That makes me happy.

So I want to thank all of my wonderful customers for keeping my dream alive. It's all you.

No comments: