Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The one where I go to the Diffa Dining by Design at the San Francisco Design Center Galleria

Last night I went to the Diffa dining by design event, hosted by Elle Decor and UCSF. It was very nice and I appreciate Savannah and Ed at Lee Jofa for inviting me to sit at their table, Piat at Kravet for hooking me up, and Jessie Kaminski Designs for buying all of that $500 a yard Lee Jofa embroidered silk through saff and gen. Pictures of most of the tables were published in Elle Decor a few months ago. http://www.diffa.org/events.asp gives all of the info. Above is the Elle Decor table, designed by Margaret Russell herself. It was much more fabulous in person.


Amazing screens with goldfish painted in 3d.
I loved the furry tablecloth with the natural textures. I HATE those chairs, though.
Yes, this bowl is made from plastic disposable knives.
Alice in wonderland table. All of the people at it were in costume. Very cute, and it looked like a good time. Those are vintage a.i.w books at each setting.

This was the Holly Hunt for Kneedler Fauchere table. I did not get a good look at the table, because the models would look at you and pose and yes, it made me uncomfortable. But it was something, that's for sure.