Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The one with the before and after paint job

I am so excited to be decorating a room in a lovely Victorian in Los Gatos for The Summit League benefit. All proceeds go to the Pacific Autism Center for Education (PACE). The homes will be open on Thursday, December 4 and Friday, December 5 from 10-4 pm. My room will be the grandchildren’s bedroom, and I am calling it “A children’s vintage Christmas”. I was lucky enough to be able to work with the homeowner, Ann Atkinson on this room. It was her daughter’s bedroom and since she now has her own home and family Ann was ready to make a change. Below are the before and (in progress) after pictures. I have picked many paint colors in my life, but this room in the new blue (benjamin moore 847, sweet dreams) and cream (benjamin moore 943 spanish white) scheme is truly one of the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. The room itself is magnificent, the corbels are Queen Elizabeth with a strand of pearls. This house has amazing Victorian architecture and details. There are 3 wonderful homes on this tour with about 40 designers working on them. Tickets are $40 in advance, and you can purchase them at the store. Information hot line is 408-494-9225 or go to http://summit-league.org/ticket_info.php.

I am also honored to be decorating a Christmas tree for the Dominican Hospital Foundation Guild fundraiser “Holidays d’Eleganz” at the Cocoanut Grove, http://sites.google.com/site/dhfguild/ . This is a 2 day event with a fashion show and lunch on Friday, November 21, and dinner and grand ball with an auction on the 22nd. It will be fabulous with wonderful donated gifts and you can purchase raffle tickets to win one of the amazingly decorated trees, all done by local florists and designers. The theme of my tree is natural history, so you know I'm going to have fun with it.

Also, the Sunset Idea House in Monterey is open until December 7. Hours are 9-4 Friday, Saturday and Sundays. http://www.sunset.com/sunset/marketplace/article/0,20633,1708721~844996,00.html I’m thrilled that they chose to use quite a few of my antiques in the home but besides that it’s just a pretty fabulous piece of land and home filled with great ideas.

1 comment:

Raya Carlisle said...

Wow it looks so great just from that little peek! Can't wait to see more.