Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The one with the Dominican Hospital Holidays d' Eleganz fundraiser Christmas tree

Today was the day I trimmed the tree (theme is natural history) at the cocoanut grove for the dominican hospital fundraiser. This idea was my friend Meagans, I had this old natural history book that I wanted to use and she suggested opening it and having a critter be reading it. It turned out so cute! The chapter is called "some wonderful spiders", and is written by Charles Darwin.
Almost done, I'll go back in the am for touch ups. I made the garland today. Little specimin labels with frogs and alligators (yes, there is an alligator in my tree) and ostrich's, what thier natural habitat is, where it was found, etc. Super cute! I hope it goes for lots of money!

update 11-21 here it is in all of its glory! I really love the way it turned out, and the dominican guild members and volunteers did a great job matching it up with some great gifts. It was so nice to see everyone looking closely at all my hard work and really "getting it".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tree!! Love the theme and book.
You did an awesome job Colleen.

See you soon.
Stacey~

Anonymous said...

You know this was the most amazing tree there!!! And I know it was I however the book idea we executed by you Beautifully!!! "I die" and of course would ahve loved to know who the lucky bidder was!!!