Saturday, July 25, 2009

The one with the kewpie doll mold

I can't even stand it. I saw these in the back of -----'s car in Texas this past spring and have been waiting to get one in my hot little hands for months! It's a mold from a baby doll! All brass, and all barnacle-y from many many pours of molten plastic inside of it. I love the baby doll head molds, but I love love love this guy. I'm not sure he's for sale. There are a very limited number of these left on the planet. And just look at his butt! That's the cutest little butt I ever saw!

I had no choice but to redesign my mantle, as someone had cleaned me out of tons of old books, a mirror, and other wonderful things. I love it now too...

New display on the wonderful shabby dresser.
The fab old bottles have found a nice home.
I still love the bookcase as is, but I'm sure my next shopping trip will require I make a change.
My favorite of the vintage Mexican school posters, weights and measures. $95 each
This vintage stainless steel dresser has just been dropped off after being stripped, I was placing it in the window, and someone pulled up, pinted to it and bought it on the spot. A very hot item.

2 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Antlers and stuffed birds seem to be all the rage right now in Texas. Check out my slide show for the awesome things I saw on my last trip. See you soon in Warrenton, T

Malibu Niki said...

Thank you very much for you comment in my blog! I appreciate the words of encouragement.

You have a beautiful shop, and I'm glad it makes you happy. We have the same taste in decor - though I couldn't have a shop like you; I'd end up keeping more than I sold! :)