Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The one where I try to describe what I do

It's very hard for me to describe my decorating style, let alone what I sell, to people who have never been in. I have always, since about age 8, loved to find old things that were just interesting to me. I have always loved to find furniture and sand, paint, stain, whatever, to make it look better.

I do have new lines that I just love. I've got functional things like fabulous candles and bath products that are a treat to use. I also have Juliska, quality ceramics and glassware that will be heirlooms one day, and because they are a pleasure to use it is also a treat for you. They also make wonderful gifts for weddings, birthdays, anniversaries. I can't imagine anyone opening a Juliska gift and not loving it.I sell books, organic catnip toys, great writing tablets, local artist's cards and art. If I love it, it makes the very strict cut. I have a new baby gift section including Jellycat stuffed animals, the softest, cutest and very best I have found. Oh, and I have shells, so many shells, at great prices. If you are decorating a room with a beach theme (and who wouldn't) you need shells. I have a faux coral that looks so real, beautiful without the guilt of owning something illegally harvested. The most important thing to know is that you will most likely find something you or someone you love can't live without, and you will smile every time you see or use it. That keeps me going.