Saturday, October 11, 2008

The one with the cute boys in Texas

Couple of fun pics of our trip. Just the first night, because after that we were so sick and all of the pictures are so sad, like we are really trying to fake feeling good. This is the lovely Gary, who lives in Utopia, Texas, and is now single, ladies. I believe my leg was there because I was saving a seat for someone.
Jess and Chicago Joe, about 2:30 in the am, before they let her drive the golf cart.
Is this not a beautiful hunk of man? Don't look at me, look at Clark. He gets better looking every time, it's really not fair.
This is Caroline, she was hit by a car and lost her leg and eye. We so wanted to take her home.

Now time for my shout outs to my Texas (and kansas, oklahoma, missouri, nebraska, I hope I am not forgetting anywhere or anyone) friends. Charlie and Kathy, you were lovely as always, if you are reading this, I did not get my litttle landscape and I still want it! Gary, you sweet man. Danny T I hope you took it easy after we left. Bobby Boyd from "Shabbiques", you're a charmer, come on out for a visit and I'll show you around. You too Chicago Joe (Illinois!), email me for some great video and pics of our first night. Theresa from Garden Antqs Vintage, your booth was beautiful and I am so sorry I missed the party and did not get to meet all of the other wonderful bloggers out there. Thanks for the Uncommon Objects tank, and the sweet deal on that great dental tray table! Cheryl at Zapp, you are darling. I loved getting to see you have fun rather than work all of the time. Hey to "the Dude", it was so nice meeting you, I hope to see you next time. Clark, we'll catch up next time, although I know you are not reading this because you don't have a computer.

5 comments:

trash talk said...

Fun photos. That serious Texas ride belongs to Heidi Chapman, owner of Cloverleaf Boutique in OK. Check my blog for 2 post I did on her and one of her shops recently-The Greatest Show in Oklahoma. Debbie

trash talk said...

I forgot to tell you the name of the other post is Give 'em the Old Razzle Dazzle dated 09-10-08. BTW, did Gary share with you his story of his humble beginnings in a Texas town with a catchy name?

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Oh Trash beat me to it to tell you about the pink caddy, I should have known. You are so welcome for the UO T-shirt. Don't you just love Bobby and Joe, they are a hoot. Trying setting up across from them and them making you laugh. Well Bobby does sometimes have a serious side to him, :) Hope you can make it out in the Spring. There are lots of great surprises happening at this show!!

Scarlett Fiona Reed said...

Thanks so much ladies for your help. I knew I had seen that ride before,it must have been on trash talk. That is serious Oklahoma! I'm enjoying your blogs on the show, still trying to catch up and get rid of this damn cold over here.

Petunia said...

Carline is a lucky, beautiful girl! I just found your blog.Next time I am in Santa Cruz, I will be shopping there...some many things I see that I "need"!